Sunday, August 21, 2005

 

Sun-daylilies (today's crop)

Yesterday was the Delaware Valley Daylily "Split & Splash" for the big sale next Saturday at the Church of the Good Samaritan at Rt. 30 & Paoli Pike in Paoli PA (9 - 11 am but the good stuff is gone by 9:30!). Cultivars with Eureka average price up to $25 are only $4, and above that they're only $7! None higher! Above is my mystery rebloomer; I've had it 20+ years, and it is a consistent rebloomer, sold to me as Wild Grape. But Wild Grape was registered as 4 inches, and this is under 3.5 so it might not be. Anybody got a comment?


Betty Harwood's Ora Lee is a good rebloomer, not big but just a nice performer.


Black Eyed Stella is one of the category I call "bad" names - I won't call Robertson a lier, but Bleary Eyed Stella would have been more accurate.


Above is Hampton Classic (Trimmer 95) which is registered as EM, not Re. I guess I'm just lucky.


I published another photo of Grape Magic on 8/17, but today I had 3 blooms, so I have to say if you are tired of only having yellow in the late season, get Grape Magic, Pardon Me (8/17 photo) and Just Plum Happy (8/17 photo), all blooming for me today. Betty Harwood's Last Reward, Tuscawilla Tigress and Savannah Debutante are also blooming for me today (all pictured earlier). Stay tuned for the LATE news!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?