Tuesday, August 22, 2006

 

August 22 Daylily Rebloom

These are actually my August 20 crop; Moonlit Masquerade, Comanche Maiden, Metaphor, Party Pinafore, (2nd row) Happy Returns, Big Time Happy, Rosy Returns, (3rd row right) Little Wine Cup, and (bottom row) Tuscawilla Tigress, Children of Malawi, and Fox Ears.

Children of Malawi is an Emily Olson that has rebloomed well for me this year in spite of hot dry weather and next to no watering. Many of her cultivars and her email address can be found at Rich Howard's site www.ctdaylily.com where you can also find out more about the Connecticut Daylily Society.
Jamaican Jammin' is a John Shooter 1998 intro that last year (it's 2nd year in my garden) bloomed until November 9! (See my 2/7/06 blog entry).
This is one of my mystery daylilies, sold to me as something else. Any ideas? It's diamond dusted, 24" tall, circular form 3.5 inches diameter, green throat.
Comanche Maiden (Steinborn 95) is not a stunner, but it keeps on blooming when other have given up. Not registered as a rebloomer, it is for me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?