Wednesday, June 20, 2007

 

Second Set of June 20 Daylilies

Golly Dolly isn't expensive, but I love that big yellow throat. If I could name it, I would have called it "Sun off a Beach" (go ahead, say it fast).
Tar and Feather (Kaskel 99) is not as impressive in a photo as in person; it's almost 7 inches in diameter, a real showoff. This is what we call a "fifty footer".
Stephanie Returns is last year's addition to the "Happily Ever Appster" series, and an aquired taste to some. Be on the lookout for next year's entry, Mean Mr. Mustard and call me when you see it. I saw it at Woodside Nursery and it is a knockout!

Gadsden Goliath is a pretty face, but like Kate Moss its stems are a little spindly, so it falls right over in the lightest breeze.
Flamboyant Eyes is an apt name for this one. Other first bloomers I haven't got room to show today are Kitty Kitty, Pavlova, and Asian Artistry.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?