Friday, May 30, 2008

 

Earlybird Orangeade & Bayou Bride Daylilies


Megan Skinner's Earlybird Orangeade bloomed today, a couple of days after her Earlybird Sunshine. She has some more recent Earlybird registrations, but I don't have them. If you like early daylilies, you should try some.
This is a real surprise: Bayou Bride blooming in Philadelphia in MAY! And Kathy D'Alessandro has it blooming too! Salter registered it as a Midseason (1995). My theory: our early warm spring fooled Bayou Bride into thinking it was in Florida.
I just wanted to get a photo of my Tricolor Beech before the sun scorches the leaf edges. I have to do something (shade cloth?) to protect it from afternoon sun. This is a prima donna tree until it gets established- needs even moisture and sun / wind protection, but it will be worth it if I can get it established. I was really surprised it made it through its first winter, so here's hoping.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?