Wednesday, June 25, 2008

 

Daylilies June 25 Philadelphia (Zone 6b)

A 1994 Kirchhoff hybrid, Goldmist Red just looks like a ripe Gala apple to me.
Eggplant Ecstacy (Margo Reed 1994) is registered as "near black" and that's not bad for 14 years ago. I like the eye-to-throat transition.
Raspberry Cupcake is one of my favorite little doubles. Good enough to eat!
Wings of Chance- not its first bloom today, but compare it to the bloom below. I love WOC but when I saw it next to Monterrey Jack in the Morton garden, I added MJ to my must have list.
Monterrey Jack has perhaps best been described as "Wings of Chance on Steroids." Tet vs Dip, whatever. I am not parting with my Wings of Chance though- they're both winners.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?