Friday, June 27, 2008

 

Things I'm Doing & Daylilies I'm Loving

After Daylily Day I have to add stone and landscape fabric against these walls for drainage, then fill this all in with dirt. Just so you don't think because I'm retired I have nothing to do but watch the grass grow. I still have to figure the best way to brace the wall from the 3 horizontal 4x4's. Stainless steel wire between eyebolts is my current choice.

This is why I put up with Malachite Prism's tenderness.
Steve Trimmer's first bloom 2008.
Not a bad edge for Zone 6! Raspberry Masquerade is a keeper!
Mary Lovasz and I had to split & splash all of the daylilies Ralph Maiwaldt contributed to Daylily Day (did I mention, it's tomorrow 6/28 at Deep Cut Park, Middletown NJ 10 - 2?). I was a manufacturing engineer for 30+ years, so before I started I did a little workplace design. I lift clumps out of the black box, separate fans and knock off as much dirt as possible, then cut excess foliage over the waste basket. Then fans get remaining soil washed off in the galvanized bucket on MY left,, brought back over the black plastic tray for inspection and then dumped into the blue plastic bucket of 10% bleach. One fan stays in the bleach while I prepare the next. When the next goes in the bleach, I grab the soaked one and throw it on the concrete in front of me to dry. Worked for me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?