Tuesday, July 29, 2008

 

July 29 Daylilies

Today is my last Lola Branham, and I'll miss her.
If you double click on the above pic, I think you can catch the diamond dusting on Party Pinafore that makes me stop and appreciate it every single day it blooms. One of my favorites.
And here is my clump of Citrina, which is ALSO diamond dusted. A special species.
This is how I record the last bloom of the season with minimal effort.
This came to me as something else, and I've been trying to find a name for it for a couple of years. Then yesterday a fellow blogger published a photo of Janet Benz on her blog http://gottagarden.blogspot.com/2008/07/dayliliesless-but-still-bloomingjuly-28.html that looks pretty close. She said it was a bus plant at last year's Region 3 tour, so a number of people should have it in their garden. Mine has a very slightly darker eyezone that gets easier to see late in the day, not mentioned in the registration. Anybody have an opinion? Leave a comment or email me directly at hemehostaholic@gmail.com if you have any other ideas.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?