Friday, September 26, 2008

 

Variegated Daylilies

Note the all-green "reversion" leaves in this Kwanso variegata- they must be culled, or they will ultimately take over, since they are actually more efficient. I dig up the clump every year or two and compost the reverts.
My variegated Tiger's Eye is still alive, but still one fan. I've moved it to a better spot for next year. The pattern isn't always 50/50, and color varies. But the bloom is definitely Tiger's Eye.
These cheap ($10) trellises I bought from the craft store have been recycled below:
I got this trick from Betty Harwood- she elevated some of her plant labels on (pvc?) pipe. I use the steel tubing from surplus trellis to bring the tags up to readable and photographable height. My favorite non-daylily new plant this year is this Ligularia- still looks good after a year with alternate droughts and drownings.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?