Wednesday, March 17, 2010

 

Favorite June Daylilies for Hybridizing

Primal Scream, I was warned, does not form seeds easily, so I pollinated it multiple times for each potential mate, and even though only about a fifth of my crosses developed pods, I got plenty of seeds crossing Primal Scream with Spacecoast Freaky Tiki and Speckles. I also got a couple of successful crosses with Goldmist Red. This was first day bloom (ffo).
Heavenly Pink Butterfly (Gossard 04) 49M6 first full open 6/29. I crossed any available Dip lavender stipple or any available stripe on this every time it bloomed. Nowhere close to 4 feet tall for me, but this is its first year in my garden.

Cesar Barsocchi (Haynes 03) 24M4.5 is "just" an edged cream, but bred in Zone 6, Northern New Jersey. Crossed with tet stipples and it generated pods the size of walnuts. CB is from Rich's Joan Elizabeth Haynes by Forestlake Ragamuffin. This was ffo, it gets even better.

Indian Giver ffo was July 2, but this photo is better. Mike Derrow got great kids crossing this with his Pink Stripes, so I crossed it with Don Lovell's striped Peppermint Ice.

Volusian Spider (Trimmer 01) 38EERe7.5 July 2 (rebloom?). Crossed this with my violet-toned Tetraploid stipples, looking for BIG.




Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?