Friday, March 19, 2010

 

Mid-July Favorite Daylilies

Brown Exotica (Gossard 04) 43M9 is really big for a DIP, not exactly brown but definitely exotic. I'm trying to take it even further out by crossing it with my stripes.
Fox Ears is a late- this is ffo first full open. Ned Roberts 02 40ML8 Dip. I got pods crossed with Peppermint Ice and Pink Stripe, and later crosses with my 2 reblooming stipples.
Karen Burgoyne (Harwood 98) 30M5 Tet is New Jersey bred. When stippled tets weren't available, I did cross this with a couple of good reblooming Tets, but since Mike Huben has pretty well established that rebloom is recessive, I'll have to decide whether to continue that path. Mike presented to Garden State Daylily Growers Club last November, and said his successful crosses for rebloom have almost all involved four reblooming grandparents. One grandparent on each side can be a Southern rebloomer (reblooms in the south, but gets killed by frost in the north before reblooming).

Eskimo Kisses isn't an exciting color combination, but that's a thick edge for growing in Pennsylvania. Trimmer 02 26MRe4 Tet. So I crossed it with tet stipples, hoping for a stipple with an edge in a couple of generations.

Fashion Police. This is the biggest edge I've got. I'm really not a big fan of how it looks some days in the garden, but as a breeder for edges, it's my ace, I hope. Trimmer 2005 34MRe6.25 Tet. Evergreen, but it made it through last winter in Philadelphia.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?