Monday, March 15, 2010

 

One More Dip Stipple and a 2010 Stipple UFO!

This is Lotsa Dots, a Jim Murphy 2004 Dip intro 44EMRe5.25 which is the TALLEST stipple I know. So I crossed it with short stipples and large-flowered but short others.

Tim Herrington just presented his 2010 Intros to Delaware Valley Daylily Society this past Saturday. http://www.delawarevalleydaylily.org/ And this year he's introducing an Unusual Form STIPPLE! Its name is Alabama Sweet Tee, named for Tee Money (of Rick-a-Tee Daylily Farm). It's Katisue hybridized out of Lola Branham. It has purple veining as well as dots above a green throat blending to yellow before the stippling starts. 28MRe7, Semievergreen in Georgia. I'm definitely ordering one! See it at http://daylily.net/gardens/herringtondaylilies/ and click on the thumbnail for a bigger photo. It's SPECtacular! Too bad that name is already taken. I wonder if they'd allow me Speck Tacular.

Another note to any other stipple hybridizers out there: Margo Reed told me she has seen stippled seedlings out of Helga Bjornerud Burkey, which ALSO is out of Lola Branham. So I'll be crossing Lola to my Diploid stipples next year.

Labels:


Comments:
Good to see you back to blogging. I always enjoy your photos and stories!
 
Thanks! I was concentrating on hybridizing last summer and just got out of the habit, but I wanted to post my "best of 2009" before 2010 starts.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?