Monday, June 07, 2010

 

A Classic, Spiders and some Visual Intrigue

Siloam Double Classic first blooms today. Henry 85 16EM5 Dor Dip, a "Hose in Hose" double that HAS become a classic.
Waiting in the Wings first bloom today (Stamile 2000, 32ERe8 Evr tet.

Volusian Spider first bloom. Trimmer 01 38EERe7.5 Evr Tet. So today I've got EE (Early Early), Early, and EM (Early Midseason) daylilies blooming for the first time.

Visual Intrigue first bloom. Salter 2000, 29EMRe6 Sev Tet. It's an eyeful. Just gave me a great name for a tall, eyed intro: Eye-Full Tower!

On the left: Liz Salter's 2000 (mis)registered Echos in the Mist, as sold to Betty Harwood and the Shooters. Does it look lavender with no eye to you? On the right is MY SEEDLING (Echos x Unknown- open pollinated 2008) which I might register as "Echos in Zindi Mist". That would allow me to enter it in flower shows and legitimize what I believe to be the bastard son of Witches Wink x Tetra Little Print. Any reason I shouldn't? Leave a comment or email hemehostaholic@gmail.com pro or con.




Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?