Sunday, June 13, 2010

 

It's Daylily Midseason but still Spring in Philly

Big Time Happy first bloom yesterday, but it's an EERe4 Dormant Dip. I've got a theaory why this year the Earlys and midseasons are all blooming atthe same time: Dormants are blooming late and Evergreens are blooming early. Haven't got data to back this up yet, but some day I may have time to see if that's the case. We had a couple of early heat waves, and my theory says the Evergreens were able to take advantage and make buds, as if they were in Florida. But the dormants were still in the ground, so they didn't see the early energy.
New this year, Bite Me! Even this FFO has some teeth to it.

New last year, Carol Emmerich's Eyes on the Prize 18EMRe5.5 Sev Tet. This is first full open- it does get better.


Mike Huben's Twist Again will be auctioned at GSDG September 12 Auction at Ruddy's Daylily Farm.

Green Treat, a Dip I got for the eye last year. I'd have crossed it with Happy Hooligan, but I had none today, and I'm out of town tomorrow, so can't even store pollen. Maybe next week.

Raspberry Masquerade ffo. Edge gets better with time.

Had two of Connect the Dots today; so I had 12 stamens and only enough blooming Tets for 6. Gonna have to get some centrifuge tubes to use for freezing pollen.

Lizard's Dashing Spider is a Dip registered 36M8, but it's taller for me. One scape is 36, but the other two are four feet!

Jim Murphy's 2007 Peace Out looking good today. But it's a Dip and I had no Dip Stipples to pollenate it with. Or if you're an English major (my wife is), I had no stipples with which to cross it.

Finally, Visual Intrigue got her eyes right today. This got crossed both ways with Connect the Dots.










Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?