Wednesday, April 13, 2011

 

April Showers Bring Drowned Flowers

 This is hail in early April- the weather is all over the place this spring.
 Heavy wet snow took down about half the deer fence in late March- the sections of deer netting held to the clothesline by nylon zip ties mostly held, but sections held up by clothespins mostly pulled loose.  Live and learn.
 The Zygo cactus rebloomed!   Bloomed after Thanksgiving, then this side rebloomed in early March, on the side that was facing the window.  I turned it 180 degrees so I could enjoy the color, and now (early April) the OTHER side is reblooming.  So rebloom must be dependent on getting plenty of sunlight.
 DANGER!  No matter what the package says, the serving size of Easter Egg Peanut Butter M&M's is ONE BAG!!  Orders of magnitude better than Reeses- the peanut butter is premixed with the chocolate, sinfully delicious!  And the Easter eggs are better than the standard peanut butter M&M's I think because they're bigger, so there's more melty goodness per piece.  Don't buy any unless you're at least 10 pounds below your goal weight.
I'm raising the planting height of daylilies in several areas of the garden where I've got ponding, then I'll fill between with topsoil I just got delivered.  I originally covered aisles with solid plastic to kill grass underneath, but I have to change to landscape fabric so the aisles function as drainage canals between raised beds.

Labels:


Comments:
Oh, no. I don't want to see hail at this time of year. Indoor plants are so valuable when you are waiting on spring weather to arrive.
 
Its looking amazing
======================
webdesign
 
hello Terry, I meet you at a Garden State Daylily meeting two years ago. I know you had a lot of work transferring all of your plants. I was looking at the Stippled daylily picture and thought you would be interested in a few I have. I will post a few pictures on my blog , hope you take a look . My blog is Daylilies and Gardening at Blogspot . Happy gardening Steve Carroll
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?